Scientific Advisory Board
Prof. Ike AhmedDirector of the Glaucoma and Advanced Anterior Surgical (GAASS) fellowship, Dept. of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto, Canada, Dept of Ophthalmology, University of Utah.
- Ike K. Ahmed, MD, is a fellowship-trained glaucoma, cataract, and anterior segment surgeon with a practice focus on the surgical management of glaucoma, complex cataract and intraocular lens complications.
- He is board certified in ophthalmology in Canada and the USA.
- In 2010, Dr. Ahmed was selected as one of Canada’s “Top 40 Under 40”.
- Dr. Ahmed has published over 100 peer-reviewed articles and numerous book chapters, and has won five film festival awards, three best papers of session, and a poster award at ASCRS, as well as an ESCRS first place video award and AAO “Best of Show” award. He has given over 750 scientific presentations thus far in his career, including 28 visiting professor’s lectures around the world.
- He is an active member of the Canadian Ophthalmological Society (COS), American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), International Society of Glaucoma Surgery (ISGS), Canadian Glaucoma Society (CGS), and the American Glaucoma Society (AGS).
Prof. Norbert PfeifferDirector of Department of Ophthalmology, the UMCM University Mainz, Germany
- Prof. Pfeiffer is the Director of Department of Ophthalmology at the University Medical Center of Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz.
- Prof. Pfeiffer has vast experience in more than 120 trials and over 160 peer-reviewed publications.
- Prof. Pfeiffer serves on many committees and is active in various medical societies, including Vice Chair of the Scientific Subcommittee of the European Glaucoma Society.
- Prof. Pfeiffer is also one of the principal investigators of the European Glaucoma Prevention Study, the largest ever randomized controlled trial in ophthalmology to date, and has been involved in innumerable glaucoma trials.
- Prof. Pfeiffer has led the Glaucoma Expert Committee of the European Vision Institute Clinical Research (EVICR.net) disease network since its foundation.
Prof. Amar AgarwalChairman - Scientific Committee, Intraocular Implant & Refractive Society, Was Professor of Ophthalmology at Ramachandra Medical College and at present is the Chairman Cum Managing Director, Dr. Agarwal’s group of Eye Hospital Ltd., Chennai, India.
- Prof. Amar Agarwal is the pioneer of Phakonit which is Phako with a Needle Incision Technology. He is also brought out the glued IOL technique, Pre Descemets Endothelial Keratoplasty and no anesthesia Cataract surgery. The air pump or gas forced infusion for cataract surgery was also started first in his center
- Prof. Amar Agarwal has received many awards for his work done in ophthalmology most significant being the Barraquer Award and the Kelman Award.
- His videos have won many awards at the film festivals of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS), American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS).
- He has written more than 60 books which have been published in various languages: English, Spanish and Polish.
- He also trains doctors from all over the world in his center on phaco, bimanual phaco, lasik and retina.
- He heads Dr. Agarwal’s group of eye hospitals which has 60 eye hospitals globally.