- Suits the vast majority of Glaucoma patients.
- Quick ~2-minute surgery, which can easily be adapted in third-world countries.
- Minimal invasion: only 0.5mm conjunctival opening, no stitches, no implants, no eye-patch.
- Less chances for complications, e.g. cataract, hypotony or astigmatism.
- Very short learning curve for physicians.
- Requires only minor operating room.
- Can easily be combined with cataract surgery.
- Improved therapeutic outcome for glaucoma patients with shorter postoperative recovery.